- Created on Tue, 22 Apr 2014
- Published on Tue, 22 Apr 2014
Bridging the Digital Divide for Adults and Caregivers
The Internet is an amazing place where kids like to spend lots of time socializing and exploring. Unfortunately, they often encounter too much too soon. The San Diego Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (SD-ICAC) and the San Diego Police Foundation are providing tools to help families manage their online lives. Learn about Snapchat, Instagram, KiK, Facebook, Ask.FM, Tinder, and more. Parents and guardians are invited to attend this important community event at Challenger Middle School.
Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Time: 6:00-7:15 PM
Who: Adults and caregivers. *No children under 18
Where: Challenger MS
Visit www.SmartCyberChoices.org to learn more.
- Created on Tue, 15 Apr 2014
- Published on Tue, 15 Apr 2014
The district has posted copies of the presentations they gave at the March 24 Cluster meeting on Salk Elementary attendance boundary scenarios.
Instructional Facilities Planning
- Created on Fri, 14 Mar 2014
- Published on Fri, 14 Mar 2014
Starting 1 April the automated phone and email messages you receive from your school and the district will have a slightly different look to them. The district will be using SchoolMessenger to provide mass notification services. You will hear a new prompt on phone messages "This is an important message from...Please press 1 to hear the message" and will only see minor formatting changes on the emails.
- Created on Thu, 20 Feb 2014
- Published on Thu, 20 Feb 2014
Superintendent Cindy Marten and the Board of Education recently announced the gradual return of instructional days to our school calendars, beginning this year. Restoring instructional days assures that students receive maximum educational impact. One instructional day is being restored to the 2013-14 school year, bringing the total to 179 days.
• Traditional Schools: June 13, 2014, is now an instructional day and the last day of school for students.
• Year Round Schools: June 23, 2014, is now an instructional day and no longer a day off. The last day of school for students remains July 21, 2014.
- Created on Tue, 11 Feb 2014
- Published on Tue, 11 Feb 2014
Congratulations to Mira Mesa High School Chrreleaders, the 2014 NATIONAL CHEER CHAMPIONS!
- Created on Wed, 29 Jan 2014
- Published on Wed, 29 Jan 2014
The 2014-15 school year calendar has been approved. Details
Highlights of the 180-day schedule
- School Starts Tuesday Sep 2 2014
- Winter break begins on Dec 22, 2014
- Spring break begins on Mar 30, 2015
- The last instructional day on the traditional calendar is Monday, June 15, 2015
- The last instructional day on the year-round calendar is Tuesday, July 21, 201
Supt. Marten has asked that a plan be created that would transition all district schools to a common calendar in the 2015-16 school year or beyond. With this direction, a schedule of meetings with stakeholders will be established in the next several months. Meeting notices will be posted on the district's web page, calendar, school website district news sections and social media.
- Created on Fri, 25 Oct 2013
- Published on Fri, 25 Oct 2013
The San Diego Unified School District is joining school districts in California and around the nation in adopting Common Core Standards, nationwide goals for educational achievement.
- Created on Thu, 12 Sep 2013
- Published on Thu, 12 Sep 2013
Cluster Committees bring schools, parents, community members together
The innovative Cluster Committees revolving around San Diego Unified's high schools and their "feeder" neighborhood schools are inviting parents, guardians and local community members to upcoming meetings.
Established in 2010 as part of the district's Vision 2020 plan to create quality schools in every neighborhood, the clusters help coordinate instruction and activities among a cluster's elementary, middle and high schools. For example, in the Hoover cluster, school communities from Hoover High, Wilson and Clark middle schools, along with elementary schools Adams, Central, Cherokee Point, Edison, Franklin, Hamilton, Joyner, Normal Heights, Parks and Rowan meet monthly to promote continuity, communication and collaboration. Area superintendents share the leadership and coordination of the clusters in their respective learning communities.
- Created on Mon, 26 Aug 2013
- Published on Mon, 26 Aug 2013
The Mira Mesa Cluster meeting schedugle is out. The meetings start at 5:30 in the ira Mesa high Schol Media Center and the public is welcome
- Created on Tue, 18 Oct 2011
- Published on Tue, 18 Oct 2011
Together, the Mira Mesa Cluster School Council’s teaching and learning community will excel in providing the highest quality education for all children. We believe that sharing the responsibility of education among school personnel, students, parents and other community members is essential to maximize student achievement. We emphasize meeting the diverse academic, social and personal needs of our cluster schools.