- Created on Tue, 25 Feb 2014
- Published on Tue, 25 Feb 2014
Working Together for Quality Schools in Every Neighborhood
The Board of Education and Superintendent Cindy Marten invite all stakeholders to a series of neighborhood meetings to Dream Big together for the future of our schools. We are committed to having clear, long-term priorities based on our Vision 2020. We believe that when our priorities are inspired and informed by our parents, students, and teachers, we will have important information for long-range planning with students at the center. These forums will yield a clear and collective sense of our District-wide long-term priorities.
Monday, Mar. 3, 7-9 p.m.
Mira Mesa High School
- Created on Thu, 20 Feb 2014
- Published on Thu, 20 Feb 2014
Superintendent Cindy Marten and the Board of Education recently announced the gradual return of instructional days to our school calendars, beginning this year. Restoring instructional days assures that students receive maximum educational impact. One instructional day is being restored to the 2013-14 school year, bringing the total to 179 days.
• Traditional Schools: June 13, 2014, is now an instructional day and the last day of school for students.
• Year Round Schools: June 23, 2014, is now an instructional day and no longer a day off. The last day of school for students remains July 21, 2014.
- Created on Tue, 11 Feb 2014
- Published on Tue, 11 Feb 2014
Congratulations to Mira Mesa High School Chrreleaders, the 2014 NATIONAL CHEER CHAMPIONS!
- Created on Tue, 04 Feb 2014
- Published on Tue, 04 Feb 2014
How to Raise Money for Schools from DonorNation.org.
DonorNation.org's mission is to provide an effective fundraising platform for schools, PTA groups or other Parent Teacher Organizations. They run a easy to use marketplace allowing individuals and businesses to buy and sell products, services, and gently used items with a percentage (10%-100%) of the proceeds being donated to local schools.
- Created on Wed, 29 Jan 2014
- Published on Wed, 29 Jan 2014
The 2014-15 school year calendar has been approved. Details
Highlights of the 180-day schedule
- School Starts Tuesday Sep 2 2014
- Winter break begins on Dec 22, 2014
- Spring break begins on Mar 30, 2015
- The last instructional day on the traditional calendar is Monday, June 15, 2015
- The last instructional day on the year-round calendar is Tuesday, July 21, 201
Supt. Marten has asked that a plan be created that would transition all district schools to a common calendar in the 2015-16 school year or beyond. With this direction, a schedule of meetings with stakeholders will be established in the next several months. Meeting notices will be posted on the district's web page, calendar, school website district news sections and social media.
- Created on Fri, 25 Oct 2013
- Published on Fri, 25 Oct 2013
The San Diego Unified School District is joining school districts in California and around the nation in adopting Common Core Standards, nationwide goals for educational achievement.
- Created on Thu, 12 Sep 2013
- Published on Thu, 12 Sep 2013
Cluster Committees bring schools, parents, community members together
The innovative Cluster Committees revolving around San Diego Unified's high schools and their "feeder" neighborhood schools are inviting parents, guardians and local community members to upcoming meetings.
Established in 2010 as part of the district's Vision 2020 plan to create quality schools in every neighborhood, the clusters help coordinate instruction and activities among a cluster's elementary, middle and high schools. For example, in the Hoover cluster, school communities from Hoover High, Wilson and Clark middle schools, along with elementary schools Adams, Central, Cherokee Point, Edison, Franklin, Hamilton, Joyner, Normal Heights, Parks and Rowan meet monthly to promote continuity, communication and collaboration. Area superintendents share the leadership and coordination of the clusters in their respective learning communities.
- Created on Mon, 26 Aug 2013
- Published on Mon, 26 Aug 2013
The Mira Mesa Cluster meeting schedugle is out. The meetings start at 5:30 in the ira Mesa high Schol Media Center and the public is welcome
- Created on Tue, 18 Oct 2011
- Published on Tue, 18 Oct 2011
Together, the Mira Mesa Cluster School Council’s teaching and learning community will excel in providing the highest quality education for all children. We believe that sharing the responsibility of education among school personnel, students, parents and other community members is essential to maximize student achievement. We emphasize meeting the diverse academic, social and personal needs of our cluster schools.